Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery in Bremen, GA
An anterior hip replacement is a type of hip surgery where the hip joint is accessed through the front of the leg instead of the back. This allows your orthopedist to replace the hip without damaging the muscles and tendons around the hip. This approach has other advantages, however not everyone is a good candidate.
At Carrollton Orthopaedic Clinic, our board-certified orthopaedic surgeons provide anterior hip replacement surgery near Douglasville, Hiram, Carrollton, Bremen, and Dallas, GA. Call (770) 834-0873 to schedule your appointment today!
Who is a Candidate for an Anterior Hip Replacement?
An anterior hip replacement relieves pain and restores mobility:
- For people whose joints have been damaged by trauma
- Those with a hip suffering from a degenerative disease such as hip arthritis
Why Choose an Anterior Hip Replacement?
The hip joint can be accessed through several parts of the body, ranging from the back, side, or front of the hip joint or even a combination of these access points. You and your orthopedist can talk together to find the type of surgery that is best for you.
Some factors to see if an anterior hip replacement is best for you include:
- Your anatomy
- Body type
- Medical history
- Complexity of the procedure
- Surgeon's preference or experience
Benefits of an Anterior Hip Replacement
The anterior hip replacement has been around since 1939, but many advances have occurred to make the surgery less invasive. In fact, the anterior approach is considered to be the least invasive of any other procedure.
With anterior hip surgery:
- You may have a shorter surgical scar
- Your muscles are pulled to the side rather than cut to allow access to the hip
- It may require longer surgery time
- It may lead to more precision of placement as special imaging in real time
- Access to the femur can be accomplished through special methods
- Hip dislocation is said to be reduced
- Many report faster patient recovery
Is an Anterior Hip Replacement Effective?
The results of an anterior hip replacement have proven effective to
- Relieve pain
- Improve function
- Improve overall quality of life
Schedule Your Anterior Hip Replacement Consultation with Carrollton Orthopaedic Clinic
Talk to your orthopedist if you are interested in an anterior hip replacement. It may be a great option for you. A hip replacement can dramatically transform your life for the better, so if pain is interfering with your quality of life, we can help.
Call (770) 834-0873 or schedule your appointment online today!