E. Franklin Pence, Jr., M.D.
Dr. Pence is a physician (MD) board-certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. This specialty is called Physiatry. Dr. Pence is a graduate of Eastern Virginia Medical School. He served his internship and residency at the University of Kentucky in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Pence joined the Carrollton Orthopaedic Clinic in 2004.
Dr. Pence specializes in:
- Non-operative spine care including x-ray guided procedures (i.e. epidurals, joint injections, discograms, etc.), initial evaluations, follow-ups, and detailed referrals to Physical Therapy.
- Worker’s Compensation for musculoskeletal injuries (initial evaluations, follow-ups, Independent Medical Examinations (IMEs), and impairment ratings.)
- Electrodiagnostic testing, including EMGs and NCVs (muscle and nerve testing to evaluate for carpal tunnel or pinched nerves.)
- Medical acupuncture, primarily for muscle pain “between the shoulder blades.”
- Musculoskeletal injuries.
Dr. Pence has had extensive experience, including serving as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Virginia with an appointment with the Department of Neurosurgery. As part of our medical staff we continue to improve the services to patients in the West Georgia area.
As noted, in Lifestyle Magazine, Dr. Pence has been voted the “Top Doctor” in his specialty for two years by his peers in the neighboring six counties.
Dr. Pence is married with 2 children.
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Internship & Residency
University of Kentucky
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Member International Spinal Injection Society
Special Procedures & Techniques
2 Types of Lumbar Epidurals Lumbar Facet Injections & Rhizotomies Lumbar Discograms SI Joint Injections Cervical Facet Injections